Thursday 21 December 2006

I am at the moment reading a book by Bill Hybles called "Just Walk Across the Room". So far it is blowing my mind and opening up ideas and possibilities. It is all about encountering people and sharing your faith...not a 3 point sermon but following GOD'S prompting as to where that person is and responding with what they need.
The idea that sometimes all it takes is to leave our comfort zone and walk across a room and extentd a hand of friendship to someone. Jesus left his comfort zone for us and why should we not do the same.
I love it the thought of doing this. It is risky and scary but amazing.
A few weeks ago we had a big Christmas carol event at church. I really wanted to invite people but as always lacked the courage so I said to God if I try to meet with you every morning will you do things? Will you work in my life? I want to see amazing things happen but I alway chicken out. I saw a picture of God just laughing at me as a father would laugh at his child when they have said something funny. And he said, "Ok we'll see what happens."
A few days later (and no I hadn't managed to have a quiet time every day but I was trying to dialouge with God) I said "ok I am going to ask people today and I need YES answers because I find No answers hard to deal with. I need some encouragement here"
EVERYONE I asked that day said yes!
I am not a name it and claim it person but I know God loves it when we take risks for Him when He has prompted us to.
Go on tune in to Him and take some risks for Him today!!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Sounds like a book I should read.....I think you are great at taking risks for God Rachel, and am looking forward to following your journey on your blogs......

Auntie Steffi said...

Rachel, I think I am one of those that said 'yes'! Spending time with you is such an inspiration you should never fear people saying 'No' to you! I always try to say 'Yes' - I always want to but staff meetings (and husbands) sometimes get in the way! xxxx